On Sunday 20 July I presented my first Body Weight Trainer's Certification. Drawing from over 36 years experience, the course content came from many diverse disciplines: wrestling, martial arts, yoga, gymnastics and military training.
This was the first time test-driving the material in a certification format. There was such a vast amount of material to cover that I realize now it takes two days to get through it all. I also see a place for a level 2 certification.
Teaching this course was a BLAST since body weight exercise is one of my favorite ways to work out. Everyone who attended had a great time and said their money was well-spent.
Here's an especially nice email that arrived the next day:
Steve, John and the Maxercise Staff,Those of you who take the time to send me emails, know that I really appreciate them. There's a post-seminar energy crash and getting a thoughtful email is a wonderful balm.
Just wanted to a thank you and kudos for a wonderful day filled with
practical and applicable knowledge. It was money well spent. Steve,
you are truly an inspiring human being and reaffirm my faith in a
physical culture. I am sorry I could not stay the extra time!
Some subjects covered in the body weight trainer's certification:
* How to teach beginners basic push-ups, pull-ups & body weight squats safely
* Wrist, elbow & shoulder alignment techniques to prevent overuse injuries
* How to balance the shoulder joints to keep them pain-free
* Spinal & core alignment for a healthy back and a stronger, more streamlined mid-section
* Dozens of push-ups, pull-up and squat variations
* Proper handstand technique
* Proprietary Maxercise combinations & complexes
* Ways of using calisthenics as a superior means of cardiovascular exercise
for superior athletic performance and fat loss
My favorite moment? Running everyone through my special push-up board exercises, of course! One in particular: a sprinter-lunge sequence that really had everyone sitting up and taking notes...video clip below.
The feedback has been tremendous and we're already planning the next cert. Stay tuned to this site or the Maxbells site if you missed this one. Attendees also receive a video of the cert.
Thanks for reading!
In Strength & Health,